We are looking for coaches and volunteers – all experience levels are welcome
At First Tee – Connecticut, we help kids discover what’s inside of them, guide them to strengthen it and mentor them to put it into action in everything they do.
To do this, we need enthusiastic and caring individuals to serve as positive mentors and role models to kids and teens of various backgrounds. Our coaches’ ability to develop impactful relationships with our participants is the backbone of our program.
You don’t have to be a golf pro (or even a good golfer), we will provide the training you need! Our training system is built on research-proven methods of positive youth development, providing coaches with the tools to make kids feel safe, included and empowered.
Our chapters rely on volunteers — sometimes year-round — to accomplish our mission, and not all of those goals involve golf. Most chapters need support off the course as well. These opportunities include:
- In-school program support
- By contributing your time and talent, you can directly make an impact in a child’s life.
- Deliver the program to kids and teens.
- Ensure a safe and inclusive learning environment.
- Have fun while sharing the excitement of the game.
- New Haven
- Complete Safesport Training
- Pass background check
- A minimum commitment of one day per week during the spring, summer and/or fall.
If you are interested in volunteering for First Tee – Connecticut, please contact Mark Murnane at (860) 882-1660 or [email protected] or fill out the online form below.